What’s So Trendy About PhoneGap App Development That Everyone Went Crazy Over It?
What’s So Trendy About PhoneGap App Development That Everyone Went Crazy Over It?
PhoneGap App Development
PhoneGap is an open-source mobile application software framework by Adobe Systems. Apache Cordova is a mobile application development framework created by Nitobi. Adobe Systems purchased Nitobi in 2011, rebranded it as PhoneGap. It is a widely adopted technology for cross-platform mobile application development. It allows developers to develop an application using standard web APIs. PhoneGap App Development is a huge development of apps for all popular mobile OS platforms such as iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile OS.
PhoneGap is one of the easiest and robust programming languages on the globe with a monumental target. It has the goal to bring the full power of the web to mobile applications and enable mobile developers to create performant apps with a single codebase. Since the project’s beginning in 2008, the market has evolved and Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) now bring the power of native apps to web applications. PWAs are increasingly bridging the gap between web and native mobile apps through capabilities such as offline support, push notifications, home-screen icons, and full-screen view control without the need for containers.
PhoneGap App Development allows users to develop an app with experienced and certified Phonegap App Developers who can develop a fully functional mobility solution that enhances the mobile app’s functionality by using its integrated libraries as well as plugin architecture model. PhoneGap Mobile App Development is cordial with businesses and enterprises as it saves both time and money by writing similar codes for different mobile operating systems which brings ease to our lives.
In the context of these developments and declining PhoneGap usage, Adobe is focusing on providing a platform that enables developers to build, extend, customize and integrate with Adobe products. Today, we are announcing the end of development for PhoneGap and PhoneGap Build and the end of our investment in Apache Cordova. The PhoneGap Build service will be discontinued on October 1, 2020.
To ensure a smooth transition for your mobile app through the PhoneGap end of life timeline, we have developed the following options:
- Apache Cordova has been one of the open-source forks of the PhoneGap project will continue to exist and offers a great pathway for most developers. Refer to the Cordova getting started guide for building locally as an alternative to PhoneGap Build and using Cordova-based tools as an alternative to the PhoneGap-specific workflows.
- We have worked with Ionic to help customers with the transition experience and to enable them to continue to build their applications in the cloud. Refer to this documentation for best practices on moving your application to Ionic App flow.
- There are also many alternative products to which you may want to consider migrating your PhoneGap app including:
- Monaca (refer to their PhoneGap Migration Guide) and Onsen UI (front-end UI framework)
- Ionic Capacitor
- Progressive Web Apps
Features that bring trends for PhoneGap App Development and make it a Reliable Framework
- It helps in building cross-platform compatible apps.
- It enables quick integration with third-party APIs.
- As an open-source platform, it eases out the development process.
- It offers highly compatible testing and porting.
- It enables developers to build native apps for Android, iOS, etc.
- It allows quick support to communicate with hardware functions.
PhoneGap App Development Company
The fortune of your app completely depends upon the PhoneGap App Development Company which is allowing you to get a highly featured and app without any complexities. By hiring a top-notch company for your this mobile app development is no less than a piece of cake.
PhoneGap App Development Company can get more app services like:
- PhoneGap Game Development
- Cross-Platform App Development
- PhoneGap API Development
- PhoneGap Web App Development
- PhoneGap Plugin Development
- PhoneGap App Maintainance and Support
PhoneGap or Cordova?
Cordova Mobile Application
Why Use PhoneGap?
Developers need to know why they should opt for PhoneGap when there are so many other frameworks out there. Well, this section of the article will clear your doubts.
- Cross-platform Compatibility: Mobile app development is indeed a cumbersome process, and the developers need to choose a reliable platform. PhoneGap is a reliable cross-platform and is compatible with different mobile application development platforms, including iOS, Blackberry, Android, WebOS, Symbian, Tizen, and Bada. The app development team has to write only one code reducing the efforts to write different programs for various platforms.
- Cost-Effective: You have to write a single program for an application to run on various platforms. It will save you money as well as effort. This will help you work even when the budget is tight and you still want to get optimum output.
- Better Access to Native APIs: PhoneGap provides your mobile app developers with access to the Native APIs so that your app can make use of the camera, geolocation, accelerometer, contacts, and all the other native features. It helps the users to get an experience of using native apps.
- Large Community Base: To support PhoneGap development, the Cordova mobile development community is one of the largest communities that support and help answer most of the problems. There are tons of examples and so many experienced members who will provide you with great support.
- Robust Backend Support: PhoneGap has strong backend support, which speeds up the development process and reduces the developer’s efforts. They also provide a beginner’s guide for novice developers to understand the entire project easily.
- UI Libraries improving the User Interface: With the UI libraries present in PhoneGap, the user interface of the apps and web pages are highly enhanced. This assists in providing a better viewing experience for different targeted viewers.
Advantages of PhoneGap:
- Easier Deployment of Apps: Everyone understands that PhoneGap is a cross-platform framework. It is the first advantage of this framework. You can create an app for one platform and then deploy it on various other media with ease. The entire process will not take much time, and you will be able to do more work in less time and with less effort.
- Maintains Uniformity Irrespective of the Platform: Every business struggle to have a consistent presence across all the platforms when they start. Here the advantage is that the apps that are designed in PhoneGap will look similar to any other platform. It is another commendable advantage of PhoneGap.
- Apps Developed on PhoneGap Behave like Native Apps: The apps behave like native apps when they can tap into the phone and use the features like geolocation, accelerometer, camera, etc. This framework taps into the hardware capabilities and provides excellent UX meanwhile in the process. It gives the best experience to the users who will hardly know that the app has been built and implemented on a cross-platform basis.
- Open Source: PhoneGap is an open-source platform which means it is substantially unrestricted. Anyone with minimum developing knowledge can get their hands on this platform and learn some things. There is a large community of developers who will guide the novice in the process.
- Backed by Powerful Sources: Apache Cardova powers PhoneGap, and it is now a part of Adobe. The best sources endorse the framework, and it makes the entire framework reliable.
- Accessible to Work Plugins: Last but the most powerful one is that the PhoneGap build is compatible with several Cordova and PhoneGap plugins. Developers can extend the native functionalities by developing apps on PhoneGap.
When to Use It?
PhoneGap is the perfect option if you want to design a simple mobile web application with the touch of a native app. PhoneGap can access the native APIs, but if you want a robust native application, it is not the right option for you.
If you want a simple web application with features from native apps, it will be beneficial. In the end, everything is based on the requirements.
If you have good expertise in app development, this PhoneGap will come in handy for you, and you can develop an application that is more responsive than web applications. The response is commendable, and you will be able to enjoy frameworks like JQuery, Shensha to make your app look unique and stand among the other apps.
PhoneGap is highly cost-effective, so if you want to cut down a few bucks, then this is the right option for you. The user interface of the framework is intuitive, so novices can start learning app development with the help of this PhoneGap.
PhoneGap App Developers
PhoneGap App Developers are highly skilled and technical friendly developers which bring mobile apps for the users with top-notch features which proves that development is an affable development.
So, what you are waiting for is just to get up from your seats and cease your search here only.
Here are some Technical Skills of PhoneGap App Developers:
- HTML5 and CSS3 coding skills
- Touch event handling capability
- PhoneGap API skills
- Extensive PhoneGap Plugin exposure
- Desktop and Mobile App development
At last, I would recommend you go for PhoneGap as it is supported by Adobe Systems, which supplies more APIs and an extended library base that helps developers build the best apps with minimal effort. It eventually allows firms in terms of time and money to develop cross-platform apps.
Head Office (India)
E-15, 1st Floor, Yadupati Bastion, Opposite Asopa Hospital, Ajmer Road Jaipur+91-7300353111
India Office (North)
24/1-B, Govindpuri, Near Bhagat Singh College, Kalkaji, New Delhi - 11001[email protected]
India Office (South)
201, MJ Heights, Hedhari layout, Ananth nagar phase 2, Kammasandra, Bangalore 560100+91-7300353111
609 Aqua Tower,[email protected]
al Nuaimiya 1, Ajman, UAE
Builds Trust with the advanced solutions and innovative search
The developers with experience of more than 10+ years in the industry smartly lead the solutions. The reason is that we are reviewed by all the most trusted top firms and platforms.