A complete guide on how to develop a dating app and website like Bumble?
Published May 13, 2021 by SYNARION IT
It has become an eternal quest of finding love for us human beings. With so many movies, books, and stories all revolving around finding the right one, no wonder we are in one way or another fixed on finding our true love. In this 21st century, with the rise of technology, the problem of finding true love can be solved if you know how to make an app. Today we have a better chance of finding true love fortunately for the hopeless romantics, thanks to the applications like Bumble. With new age dating apps releasing every year, the online dating app development company is continuously evolving. These apps have transformed the entire dating scenario where people of different age groups all over the globe can start finding their true love and get connected through dating apps.
The online dating scene is booming and the applications have become a popular choice for singles, hoping to find new matches and pursuing their exciting love interests. Moreover, people are more interested in connecting with people via online messaging platforms before further deciding whether to meet with the person and be in a relationship with them or not. Nowadays the dating apps are more socially accepted than ever before due to the pandemic situation and if you have a good dating service idea then through this site you can get to know how to create a dating app and succeed in the matchmaking business. Out of various dating apps, Bumble has become a great hit in the market because of its marketing strategy and innovative features.
Various new-age businessmen and entrepreneurs have started jumping into the dating app development company by looking at the success of these apps. They wish to develop their app or make an app like Bumble. Through this site, you will get to know how to create your own dating app or Bumble app clone.
Top dating apps similar to Bumble
It is essential to check the competitors available in the market before moving towards the point of creating a dating app clone or making an app like Tinder.
By studying other dating app development companies in the market you can get a clear view and idea about how things are working in the dating sphere and what are the features people expect from a dating app. Few of the renowned and top dating app like Bumble which is available in the market are-
- Coffee meets bagel
- Plenty of fish
Fun facts and highlights of Bumble
After checking a different kind of app like Bumble let’s review the core principle and the latest statistics of Bumble. Bumble is one of the most popular dating apps in the dating industry and it works on the same principle as Tinder which includes swipes. The app uses social matchmaking and is based on dating and some additional features that are unique from other dating apps. Let’s check out the exciting features and statistics about Bumble-
- Bumble was launched by the dating app development company that is the co-founder of Tinder.
- Bumble has 55 million as per Forbes in over 150 countries.
- Daily, the user of Bumble spends an average of 62 minutes on the app regularly.
- More than just a casual hookup this dating application allows users to make a business relationship.
- Bumble provides physical space for couples to meet and date which makes it one step ahead of its competitors.
Working of Bumble
Here are some critical highlights and working principles of Bumble-
- Swiping- You need to correctly fix the settings as the profiles you see on your homepage are based upon age and distance. So you can swipe left on the profile if you dislike someone or you can swipe right on the profile if you like someone.
- Matchmaking- The app will show matched if two-person swipe rights to each other. In other words, if you swipe right to someone you like and the other person does the same then that is a match.
- Messaging- If both the persons who swiped each other right are of same-gender then anyone can start the conversation. In the case of a heterosexual match, only the female can initiate a conversation where she will have an option to send a message within 24 hours, or else the match will be deleted instantly. Bumble has become one of the most successful apps in the dating industry due to its female-centric feature as it helps to stop ghosting and initiate proper conversation. And if you pay extra bucks, you can increase the 24-hour window option if you haven’t received a message from the person you want to date with.
- Match queue- This is the list you will see on the upside of your conversation page where it will display all the people who have swiped you by looking at your profile. You will spot a yellow and green circle surrounding your profile which will disappear within a timeline of 24 hours. Here the yellow circle means the number of people who have swiped your profile and the green circle means the number of people who have right-swiped your profile.
How does the algorithm of the Bumble app work?
Every dating application follows a specific algorithm so before you are developing a dating app or creating your own dating app you should go through these algorithms and be familiar with them. It will ease the work of dating app development if you become familiar with the algorithm. The algorithm of the Bumble app is really simple compared to various others. The common ways of functioning of the algorithm are as follows-
- All the users along with the top right swipe users will appear first on the screen
- Bumble app shows profiles of different kind of people as it does not remember any of your swiping patterns
- Bumble app will consider you as a bot if you swipe right on all the profiles and will not display your profile to other app users.
- You get a pause option to take a break from this app as it is not necessary to remain continuously active on the app.
- It doesn’t matter if you delete or uninstall the Bumble app as you can join it again if you want
Steps of creating Bumble clone app all Tinder clone app development
Here are the theory, ideas, and ways of creating a Bumble clone app or make an app like Tinder.
App development process
If you are developing a dating app for the first time you should first launch an MVP version of the app and then you should launch a full-fledged dating application after its success. You should look into the ideation, unique features, target audience, documentation and design, development, question, and answer testing, the working, launching of MVP, and collecting feedback from the audience, and upgrading of your app.
There are various technology stocks that you should follow while creating your own dating app like –
- Tools like Android studio, Java, auto layout, Swift, storyboard.
- Database like firebase, my SQL
- A library like Facebook SDK, global map SDK, Google push notification, swiping the card.
Monetization strategy for dating app
To generate revenue for any kind of dating application you should have different methods like
- In-app purchase
- Sponsored profiles
You might be thinking of developing a Bumble app clone or Tinder app clone as an entrepreneur or an SME. It is highly suggested not to completely clone a dating app instead you can find your target audience, make some tricks and build an effective feature list and finally determine the cost of developing the app and then create your own dating app.
- Bumble App Clone Solution to Enter the Online Dating Industry
- Dream11 Clone: Get Success by Launching Fantasy Sports App Like Dream11
- Fascinating Cross-Platform App Development Tactic That Can Help Your Business to Grow
- 5 Simple Steps to An Effective Fantasy Sports Software Development Strategy
- Here Is A Quick Cure for Grocery Mobile App Development